Experienced Delaware Lawyers
Daniel K. Hogan has more than 20 years of experience representing clients in a wide range of legal transactions and disputes. Dan is experienced in financial reorganizations and disputes in the Delaware Bankruptcy Court, including counsel to secured creditors, trustees, indenture trustees and various creditors’ committees and a legal representative in a major asbestos case covering nearly 10 years. Dan’s role has been significant in major cases across the country, including various mass tort and asbestos cases. Additionally, for a decade, Dan has acted as the outside litigation counsel for Highland Capital Management, L.P., one of the largest private-equity funds in the country. This representation, held in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Delaware Superior Court, as well as Delaware Court of Chancery, involves multi-million dollar lawsuits with some of the largest corporate entities in the United States. He has also represented several of the country’s largest financial institutions in litigation relating to bank and bond debt arrangements and has obtained eight-figure settlements for his clients in these matters. Dan is actively involved in the Delaware legal community. He is a pro bono volunteer for the Delaware Legal Services Society, and he taught a seminar titled “Foreclosures — Nuts & Bolts” for the Delaware State Bar Association.
Daniel K. Hogan is Of Counsel to Bogal & Kahn LLP, a New York boutique law firm that combines legal expertise with business acumen to provide sophisticated real estate, structured finance, and general corporate legal services.
Representative Matters in U.S. Bankruptcy Court
- W.R. Grace Chapter 11, Counsel to Canadian Representative Counsel, appointed Legal Representative in June, 2006.
- Combustion Engineering Chapter 11 (Representing Personal Injury Asbestos Trust).
- ABB Lummus Chapter 11 (Representing Personal Injury Asbestos Trust).
- Various pending asbestos-related Chapter 11 cases, including Owens Corning, Specialty Products, Dynamerica (representing interests of creditors/plaintiffs).
- Commonwealth Oil Refining Co., Inc., also known as CORCO (lead debtor’s counsel).
- Global Marine (indenture trustee counsel).
- Ascendia Brands, Inc. – Representing Rooks Marketing Group LLC (Avoidance Action).
- American Home Mortgage Holdings, Inc. – Counsel for homeowners
Areas of practice
Dan Hogan received his J.D. from Widener University School of Law in 1989. He earned his B.S. from Wake Forest University in 1986.
Admitted to practice law in Delaware and Pennsylvania in 1990, Dan Hogan is a member of the:
- Delaware State Bar Association
- Real Estate Section, Delaware State Bar Association
- Pennsylvania State Bar Association
- Probate and Real Estate Sections, Pennsylvania State Bar Association
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court, District of Delaware
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- All Delaware Trial Courts
- Probate and Real Estate Sections, American State Bar Association
- Delaware Volunteer Legal Services
- Delaware Trial Lawyers Association
Garvan F. McDaniel
Garvan McDaniel regularly counsels corporate clients in the areas of creditors’ rights, collections, and practice and procedure in the United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of Delaware. He also works in the area of commercial litigation and is proud to regularly represent Wilmington Savings Fund Society, Delaware’s oldest and largest bank in commercial collection actions throughout the State of Delaware.
Garvan represents debtors, trustees, unsecured creditors committees, lenders, landlords, preference defendants and trade creditors seeking to protect their rights under Chapters 7, 11 and 13 of the Bankruptcy Code. Garvan also handles commercial and residential real estate transactions and litigation.
He has extensive experience in representing Trustees and Debtors in litigating causes of action under Section 547 of the Code, resulting in substantial recoveries for estates.
He regularly serves as Delaware Counsel for Unsecured Creditor Committees and Ad Hoc Committees through his relationships with some of the nations leading and largest law firms in such cases as Energy Future Holdings, Ambassador International, North American Petroleum, Ritz and Hayes Lemmerz.
Areas of Practice:
Bankruptcy, Creditor’s Rights, Commercial Litigation, Commercial and Residential Real Estate Transactions and Litigation
Widener University School of Law, J.D. 2001
Saint Joseph’s University, B.A. International Relations and Political Science, 1997
United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit, 2004
United States District Court for the District of Delaware, 2002
New Jersey, 2001
Professional Association and Memberships:
Member of the Delaware Trial Lawyers Association
Member of the Delaware Bar Association
Member of the American Bar Association
Kathie DiVincenzo, Real Estate Paralegal; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Gabrielle Durstein, Paralegal; Email: email@example.com
Karen Harvey, Paralegal & Office Manager; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Located in the historic Delaware Avenue area of Wilmington, just across the street from the Soldiers & Sailors monument, The Hogan Firm offers complimentary parking and can be reached by public transportation. The firm represents clients in Delaware Superior Court, The Court of Chancery, Third Circuit Court of Appeals, United States Supreme Court, The United States Bankruptcy Court and United States District Court for the District of Delaware. Contact the firm online or at 302.656.7540 to schedule a free initial consultation with a knowledgeable Delaware lawyer.